Last updated March 2022
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time THD decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to THD, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of www.theheartdietitian.com, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
This Policy is designed to help you understand what information we collect about you, and what choices you have about these matters.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name and email address which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
In addition, THD may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
THD may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, contact forms, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Typically, this information will be provided to us when you choose to opt-in for a free download, participate in a survey, or purchase a product from the THD website. If you choose to send us emails, any personal information you disclose will also be stored on our email server.
Personal information will be stored until one of the following: 1) you request for your information to be deleted, 2) we discontinue our use of certain third-party tools that collect data, or 3) we decide that the value of the information storage no longer outweighs the costs
Use of Information Collected
THD does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
THD may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.theheartdietitian.com
THD may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
THD uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within THD’s control.
Personal information may be used when sending you emails, when completing a purchase, managing access to the membership site, or in customer service relations. We use this information to send you documents, products, or services that you have selected to receive.
Non-personal information may be analyzed in-house and shared with third-party advertisers who wish to advertise on THD website. This information helps advertisers understand our market reach, and can in no way be traced back to you individually. It also helps us improve THD website and continue to create content and offers that we believe you will enjoy.
We use traffic log cookies in conjunction with Google Analytics to identify which pages are being visited on THD website. This helps us analyze data about what pages and post are most and least popular, so that we can create more of the content our readers really want. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of THD website.
THD website also uses Facebook pixels and cookies to understand who has visited our site, allow us to present relevant ads to those people on Facebook at a later date, and to track who saw our Facebook ads and then visited our site afterwards. This helps us understand which types of ads are connecting with people, and which ones aren’t, so we can improve our marketing efforts. We reserve the right to implement pixels from other social platforms in the future, as they become available.
When visitors leave comments on THD website, data is collected in the comments form. The visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string is also collected to help detect and block spam. Please be aware that any personal information posted in a public area of the site, such as the comment section, can be accessed freely by others, and theheartdietitian.com is not responsible for how third parties may access or use that information.
Personal information (name, email address, IP address) provided when signing up for the newsletter or opt-in download or when making a purchase is stored by the email provider for www.theheartdietitian.com.
If you are outside of the European Union and have opted to receive any of our free or paid products, services, downloads, webinars, trainings, or live events, you will be automatically enrolled in our free email newsletter.
If you are within the European Union and have opted to receive any of our free or paid products, services, downloads, webinars, trainings, or live events, you will only be enrolled in our free email newsletter if you affirmatively request to be added.
If you would like to un-enroll from a newsletter you are subscribed to, all emails contain an unsubscribe link at the bottom by which you can unsubscribe yourself. If you would like your email address and personal information to be permanently deleted from the database, just send an email to [email protected] with your request.
Disclosure of Information
THD may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of The Heart Dietitian.
The Heart Dietitian greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in THD products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, or other public means to post a notice.
Children Under the Age of 13
THD’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
If we ever collect or receive information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of their parents, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our newsletter, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of all e-mails sent. You can also unsubscribe by sending an e-mail to [email protected] If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. The Heart Dietitian will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
If you make a purchase through any of the programs we are affiliates for, we will receive an email notification of the sale, which may include personal information about you, such as your name or email address. We keep this information private and will not share it with anyone.
Notice to European Union Users
The Heart Dietitian’s operations are located primarily in the Canada. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the Canada. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the date, we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of same. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at [email protected]
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to [email protected]
In addition to the rights above, please rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below.
The Heart Dietitian takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Although we always do our best, no system is 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us