White kidney bean smoothie is a healthy and delicious breakfast option that will keep you full until lunchtime.
This bean smoothie is packed with protein and fiber, making it a perfect choice for those who are looking to lose weight or build muscle. In this recipe blog post, I will guide you through the process of making this amazing smoothie at home.
Pin It Now & Make It Later!
Why Make White Bean Smoothie?
- vegan, dairy free
- contain inexpensive plant-based protein
- has soluble fiber to lower cholesterol
- minerals to lower blood pressure
- fiber to manage blood sugars
- is quick to make
- is satiating
- part of the DASH diet, Mediterranean diet, Portfolio diet, Mind diet
Why Choose White Beans In Smoothie?
There are lots of benefits of white beans in smoothies. Beans help this white bean smoothie reach
- 15 grams of protein
- 10 grams of fiber
- White kidney beans – for plant-based protein and soluble fiber. You can use canned white kidney beans for this recipe, just make sure to rinse them well before using them.
- Ground flaxseed – for omega-3 fatty acids, and soluble fiber
- Peaches, Mangos – for natural sweetness, and antioxidants
- Soy Milk – for more plant protein and calcium
- Dates – for natural sweetness, feel free to add more to satisfy your taste buds
How To Make a White Bean Smoothie Recipe
Basically, it’s as easy as throwing all of the ingredients in the blender and pulsing into everything is combined.
If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you may want to blitz the beans and soy milk first to help evenly distribute the beans. It’s not necessary but may help.
- Adjust the amount of dates according to your taste preference.
- You can also add some protein powder to this white bean smoothie if you want to increase the protein content. I recommend trying pea protein or hemp protein.
- Learn all about beans in smoothies in this article.
Other Bean Smoothies
In conclusion, this whitebean smoothie recipe is a nutritious and delicious way to start your day. It’s easy to make, packed with protein and fiber, and will keep you full until lunchtime. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
Recipe by Brooke Harris, Nutrition Student. Article was written by Veronica Rouse, MAN, RD, CDE.
Tropical White Bean Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- ⅓ cup white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp flaxseed ground
- ½ cup peaches frozen
- ½ cup mangos frozen
- 1 cup soy milk unsweetned
- 1 date
- In a blender add all of the ingredients together
- Blend until smooth
- Serve cold and enjoy!