Imagine getting home from a long day at work, and you’ve got dinner ready in 15 minutes. That’s what Epicure is all about. You don’t have to overspend by ordering take-out. You don’t have to run through a drive-through. And you don’t have to make a frozen pizza!
Intrigued? Read on!
Full disclosure, I am an Epicure consultant and I love their products. That being said, I’ve tried to lay out the pros and cons of this company in the fairest way possible. If you click on any links and make a purchase from Epicure.com, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This money helps us continue to make great FREE content for you to enjoy. Thank you for considering. Enjoy.
What Is Epicure?
Epicure is a 25 year old company that started in Canada (and recently expanded to the United States).
It was created by a busy mom, who worked full time and needed quick dinner solutions that were healthy. Since she couldn’t find them, she started making them! Other people wanted them, and that turned into the business it is today.
Epicure is an online company that wants to make mealtime easier. It is a direct ship to your door (like Amazon) and eliminates the step of going into the grocery store or specialty shops to purchase the products.
Epicure is for you if you…
- have a busy family and struggle to find time to get a healthy dinner on the table in between activities
- have allergies like dairy, nuts, gluten, or are eating a vegan/vegetarian way
- want to eat healthier, less processed food
- think healthy eating doesn’t taste good
- don’t like cooking
- want to learn to cook with natural, whole ingredients
- already do online grocery shopping
- are looking for new products and flavors to experiment with and make meals fun
- want products created by dietitians, doctors, and chefs
- want to support a local, woman-led business
I’m sure you can find a reason on this list to try this amazing product line.
As an Epicure consultant, I have heard a few reasons why people don’t purchase Epicure food. Some include:
- Epicure is only direct ship, and therefore you have to purchase online
- You, therefore, have to pay for shipping
- It is seen as a premium product because its prices are at the higher end of competitors
- You need to purchase your own food to go with their spices (not as convenient as meal kits like Chefs Plate)
- Epicure food is low in sodium and sugar, so it may not be as tasty as food competitors (even though it’s healthier!)
- Purchase through a consultant (like me!) who gets a portion of the sales (even though this is at no extra cost to you!)
- It is a party plan direct sales distribution model (like 1950s Tupperware)
What Is Epicure? They Make Meal Times Doable.
The Mediterranean Diet is known as the healthiest diet in the world and prevents chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, dementia, and some cancers.
A key component of the Mediterranean dietary pattern suggests eating whole foods, made at home with others. This may sound overwhelming to you because it does to me… or it did to me until I found Epicure.
If your goal is to get everyone at the table at the same time, enjoy the same meal on days when you need to work late, or drive the kid’s places… you need shortcuts like Epicure to help.
Some Ways It Helps:
- One pot meals… All you need to do is chop up vegetables and put them all in the pot with Epicure’s seasoning, walk away for a while (or as I like to do multitask, maybe get some cleaning done, or check in with my son) and it’s done!
- Sheet pan meals … Where you sprinkle the seasoning over meat and vegetables put it in the oven and walk away
- Fast clean up because you only dirty one or two dishes
- Straightforward directions that have 3-5 steps
- Provides a base recipe that can be customized to your family’s taste preferences
- It can be made in 20 minutes or less (including clean-up!) … and If you think about it, it’s actually difficult to get take-out that quickly
Epicure Food Review:
What Products Do They Offer?
Epicure is 90% food products and 10% cooking. They offer:
- Low sodium seasonings
- Meal shortcuts
- Pantry staples
Is Epicure Healthy?
- Low in sodium
- Sugar conscious
- 100% Gluten Free
- Many products are vegan, dairy-free, and nut free
- Free of toxic ingredients that are found in similar processed foods. Epicure has a never-ever list of items they never add to their foods (like corn syrup, MSG, sulfites, preservatives, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, and other words you can’t pronounce)
- Currently, 85% of their products are non-GMO
Healthy eating can be expensive, which is a huuuuuuge barrier to actually eating a healthy way.
When comparing Epicure to takeout (which is usually your alternative when you work late or have after-school activities with the kiddos), it is cheaper.
I recently purchased the healthiest take-out I could find – Subway – for my family of 3, and it was around $60 CAN.
Epicure is cheaper than take-out (yes, even a $20 pizza). One seasoning package is around $4 CAN. Then if you add a can of beans and some potassium-rich vegetables, maybe the meal goes up to $7 or $8, but that feeds your whole family.
When you compare Epicure to take-out (for time, health, and cost) it can’t be beat!
Where to Buy
Purchase foods online through an Epicure consultant, like me.
Why I Personally Love Epicure Food
I am a Registered Dietitian, and I work with clients living with heart disease. Most of them are trying to eat less sodium, and the majority of the sodium North American’s eat is from restaurants or takeout meals.
Digging deeper, my clients chose to purchase take-out because they were busy and there are no other reasonable alternatives… And that is where my journey started. I went looking for ways to support you, my clients, to get heart-healthy food onto your table fast.
When I was researching options and resources to help you overcome these challenges, I discovered a company called Epicure. I was blown away by their nutrition profile… but then I tasted these products and let me tell you, they are wonderful!
This is how I accidentally stumbled my way into signing up as an Epicure Consultant to try new products I can recommend to my clients (and as a bonus, also meet my family’s needs!)
I love that Epicure’s mission is to not only offer you an amazing product but also show you how to cook to increase your confidence in the kitchen and make meal planning FUN, and meal times less chaotic.
It takes eating well from something you want to do, to something you CAN do.
For me, Epicure’s benefits outweigh the cons. I hope this inspires you to try Epicure products and cook more in the kitchen, knowing that healthy eating can be made easy and so so much healthier than take-out!
I am an independent consultant for Epicure and will receive a commission if you purchase anything through these links. The commission helps me continue to make great content for you to enjoy and hopefully reach more individuals who need help eating healthy. If you are interested in trying any products, please reach out to me with any questions!