Wake up to a premade peanut butter-flavored breakfast. These PB2 overnight oats offer the right balance of high fiber carbohydrate, high-quality protein, and heart-healthy fat making it a healthy breakfast choice. As a bonus, these overnight oats with pb2 also has added fruit for color and fiber.
Benefits Of PB2 Overnight Oats
- Full of flavor
- Perfect meal prep (only takes 5 minutes!)
- Protein-rich (without protein powder)
- Done for you breakfast
- Easy on-the-go snack
Ingredients For Overnight Oats With PB2
- PB2 powder or peanut butter (adds cholesterol-lowering plant protein)
- Soy milk (adds cholesterol-lowering plant protein)
- Rolled oats (adds cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber)
- Flaxseed (adds cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber)
- Pumpkin seeds (adds healthy unsaturated fats)
- Apple (adds vitamins, minerals, and soluble fiber)
- Blackberries (adds more fiber, antioxidants, and color)
Why Purchase Dried PB2
If you’ve never purchased dehydrated peanut butter, you are probably wondering a few things about what it is, how to store it, and what else you can use it for.
What Is Dehydrated Peanut Butter?
PB2 is a brand of dried peanut butter. Dried peanut butter is basically peanut butter that has been dehydrated (which means its natural oils have been removed), and then it’s ground into a powder.
You don’t need to purchase the PB2 brand to make these overnight oats, you can use any brand of powdered peanut butter you like or that is available to you.
I love using this product because powdered peanut butter is a form of natural protein, which tastes great – unlike protein powders that have a grainy texture or distinct aftertaste.
Shelf-stable peanut butter is known to have trans fat. Trans fat is a type of fat that can cause inflammation, increase your LDL cholesterol and lower your HDL cholesterol.
Powdered peanut butter has no trans fat and is low in calories because the fat has been removed but the quality protein remains.
If you don’t have dehydrated peanut butter powder and want to avoid trans fat, use natural peanut butter instead of shelf-stable peanut butter. Natural peanut butter only has one ingredient – peanuts – and won’t have any additives like inflammatory omega 6 rich oils. The only ingredient on its ingredient list should be peanuts.
How To Store PB2
Dehydrated peanut butter contains very little fat and therefore doesn’t need to be stored in the refrigerator.
You can store it in your pantry and be sure to use it within the year. If you want maximum freshness, you can always freeze it, just like I do with my linseed and flaxseed.
How Else Can You Use PB2
- Mix into your smoothie
- Add it to your muffin or pancake batter
- Top your popcorn
- Stir it into salad dressings or other sauces
How To Make PB2 Overnight Oats
- Add ingredients to a mason jar
- Shake and stir
- Refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours
Watch How To Make It
Expert Tips For Overnight Oats With PB2
- Enjoy warm or cold
- Don’t have dried peanut butter? Add 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter instead
- Add toppings like fresh fruit right before eating to prevent the fruit from turning soggy
- What else goes well with PB2? Try adding fruit like applesauce, banana, or blueberry
- Make it a dessert by adding a handful of chocolate chips for some chocolate peanut butter deliciousness
- It is vegan as is!
- All ingredients are gluten-free, but be sure to confirm your oats are made in a gluten-free facility
Other Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
This PB2 overnight oats recipe is a healthy breakfast that can’t get much easier or tastier.
If you try this recipe and love it as much as I do, please consider rating it or leaving a comment below on the recipe card. This helps increase my visibility to reach more individuals who want to prevent and manage heart disease with healthy eating!
The Best PB2 Overnight Oats
- 1 Mason Jar
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed ground
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pb2 powdered peanut butter
- ½ cup apple diced
- ½ cup blackberries
- Place rolled oats, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, powdered peanut butter, and soy milk in a 2-cup mason jar.
- Shake or stir until well mixed.
- Refridgerate overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- The next morning, add in diced apples, berries, or any fruits of choice.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, or eat cold.